Have you experienced the challenges of overcoming mental health issues and/or addictions up close and therefore feel motivated to really make a difference in the lives of others? Then this job opening in perhaps the world’s most renowned youth clinic might appeal to you.
For various reasons, young people sometimes get stuck in their lives. When all else fails, they turn to Yes We Can Youth Clinics (YWCYC). Many clients (fellows) we treat have found themselves lost in the healthcare system. Helping these young people get back on their feet and offering them a new perspective, giving them the tools they need to tackle their problems and thus achieve a real change in behaviour: that is what we find the most beautiful thing there is.
Every day, over 300 employees work hard to change the lives of the fellows for the better. We treat young people aged 13 to 25 years old suffering from mental health issues, addictions and behavioural problems. We offer a clinical treatment of 10 weeks followed by a tailor-made aftercare programme, in which unconditional warmth, safety and confrontation at the right moment are pivotal. YWCYC works with multidisciplinary teams: care specialists work together with experts by experience and coaches.
For our international clinic in Hilvarenbeek (NL) we are looking for a:
Expert by experience
Your tasks consist of
- Leading group sessions according to our unique treatment programme
- Leading bonding day for the fellows and their parents/carers
- Monitoring the positive recovery climate in the clinic
- Collaborating in a multidisciplinary team of therapists, coaches and counsellors
- Sharing your vision, during the multidisciplinary meeting, on the progress of the fellow
- Carrying out interventions
What do we offer?
- You have been in recovery for at least four years (completely abstinent)
- You have completed the 12-step programme and you are still active in this programme. You can work according to this methodology, but you are completely open to learning and using other methodologies
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, preferably bi-lingual in Dutch and English
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience in an institution for addiction and/or behavioural problems
- You are experienced in leading groups
- Completed a training focused on "coaching and counselling" is an advantage
YWCYC offers a salary, according to the Dutch mental health care collective labour agreement. Next to that, YWCYC offers a dynamic and warm culture with plenty of attention for personal and professional development. In order to really invest in you as a Yes We Can professional, we offer a wide range of training and development programs. We also support the health and vitality of our employees. With our company fitness plan, you can receive a monthly discount on one of the affiliated fitness memberships. You can also participate in the Recharge
programme, in which you are introduced to a healthy lifestyle in order to create and maintain a pleasant personal-work balance. Every day a freshly prepared and extensive lunch is served in our cosy lounge. Finally, the travel costs deviate positively from the Dutch mental health care collective labour agreement and in addition to your monthly salary, you will receive your holiday allowance in May and the year-end bonus in December. In short, many interesting extras will come your way when you start as an employee at YWCYC.
Do you have the experience and competences we are looking for? Do you already see yourself working within our organisation and do you support our distinctive approach? Then we cordially invite you to apply.
For more information about the international clinic, we refer you to the website of Yes We Can Youth Clinics
Please note that upon employment, a certificate of good conduct is required.
Further acquisition to this advertisement is not appreciated.