Yes We Can Youth Clinics is one of the most successful clinics for young people aged 13 to 25 with mental health issues, addictions and behavioural problems. To continue our success and realise our growth ambitions, we are looking for a:
Youth Coach / Group Worker
As a Youth Coach at Yes We Can Youth Clinics, you can relate to the experiences of the fellows. You have an exemplary role and you know how to motivate and/or stimulate them in a warm and positive way. Pivotal for all the help we provide are openness, honesty and a lot of patience for the fellows and their environment.
What are you going to do?
- With a team of coaches you supervise and guide a group of 20 fellows during all program components, from waking up to bedtime and everything in between. You will accompany them during meals, carry out room checks, and organise and accompany (outdoor/sports-) activities, etcetera;
- You organise, lead and supervise activities with a group of 20 fellows. You are doing this with at least two other colleagues;
- You align activities to what’s going on in the group. There is no script, but you’re anticipating the group dynamics;
- You give lectures about a suitable topic for the entire group of 20 fellows;
- You establish a recovery-oriented climate, monitoring safety and providing first aid when needed;
- You have motivating and energizing conversations with the fellows;
- You work within a multidisciplinary team (the position does not contain specialist treatment components such as leading one-to-one or group sessions).
Who are you?
- You are educated in the field of sport, social pedagogic care or social worker and you have been in possession of a driver’s license for at least 1 year;
- You live in the Netherlands;
- You are proficient in the English language;
- You have affinity with, and experience in working with a group of young people;
- You have experience in organising and leading (outdoor/sports-) activities;
- Cooperation, flexibility, self-confidence and genuine commitment are your second nature;
- A stable, healthy lifestyle and stellar physical condition are required to participate in the activity programme and to be able to fulfill an exemplary role;
- You have no objection to irregular working hours. You will be staying at the clinic of Yes We Can for four days (including overnight stay), after which you are free for four days. In this 4-day shift, you are offered the opportunity to go home 1 evening from 6:00 pm, starting again at 8:45 am the next morning. The free evening is not a fixed day in the week and varies per shift. During your shift, a few slots with free moments will be scheduled. This schedule runs throughout the year (including weekends and holidays) and this suits you.
- For example: week 1 you work from Monday to Thursday (4 days), then you are free from Friday to Monday (4 days), to work again from Tuesday to Friday (4 days). So your working week shifts with 1 day every week.
What's in it for you?
Salary, of course. As well as holiday pay and days off. We start with a temporary contract and will be happy to enter into a permanent contract with you if we are happy with each other. You will also end up in a great team, if we do say so ourselves.